- Cook together. How about finding a simple recipe that your children can do with you? Here are easy recipes to make with your children. CLICK HERE
- School in your pajamas. Maybe you already do this, but our regular routine was to get dressed first. The boys thought it was a treat if they were allowed to wear their pajamas to class.
- Start school with art or a physical activity.
- Take an impromptu field trip. One time we were studying about caves and I decided to take the boys to see a real cave- 2+ hours away. 🙂 You can certainly do something closer to home!
- Let the children decide in which order they want to do their school work for the day. It’s nice to let the children have a say- so in school matters when they can.
- Read a favorite book aloud or start a new book that you have wanted to read. Here are some ideas: Stuart Little, Little House on the Prairie, Charlotte’s Web, Caddie Woodlawn, Ramona Quimby, The Magician’s Nephew
- Have a SSR (Sustained Silent Reading) time. Everyone grabs a book and reads for 30 minutes- you too! This is a great time to get a little of your own personal reading in and instills the habit of independent reading. The great thing about this is that you can count it for language arts.
Carpe diem to all of you!