freedictionary.com defines thankful as: Aware and appreciative of a benefit; grateful. 2. Expressive of gratitude So, I was thinking this would be a good time to just state some things that I am thankful for:
- God- Where would I be without Him?
- Family- I have an amazing husband who loves me and two wonderful sons. I will be adding a daughter-in-law to the list next year! 🙂
- Sisters- Aren’t sisters family? Well, of course they are, but in another sense they are not. I think of my sisters as a separate category- Superfriends. They know you like no one else and they still love you.
- America- I think this is the greatest place to be, even with all of its warts and blemishes.
- Freedom- We have so many freedoms: speech, religion, and assembly are just a few that come to mind. Thank you to all of our servicemen!
- Health- I am so appreciative of being healthy. I am grateful to be alive and kickin’.
- Marriage- I am blessed to have married my college sweetheart. I must say that I chose well with God’s help!
- Girlfriends- I have two gals who have known me for over 20 years and they still want to hang out with me. Bless you!
- Homeschooling- I know I am strongly opinionated when it comes to homeschooling, but I am glad we did it. My relationship with my sons is strong and healthy because we homeschooled. The academics were fantastic as well, not because I taught them everything, I didn’t. I found wonderful teachers who were passionate about content matter and made subjects come alive. Who would think that math is fun? Not me, but my neighbor and friend does. I love her for teaching my children that math makes sense.
- Provision- I am appreciative of the food we eat, clothing I wear, and the house we call our home.
- Employment- My husband and I are both employed and I am so glad to be able to go to work. Of course, I love what I do so the days that I see my class doesn’t seem like work at all! I teach 7th and 8th grade students who make me laugh every week.
- Electricity and Technology – Yep, I am extremely grateful for all of the appliances and gadgets that I can use to make my life easier. I am glad I am not down at the creek beating my clothes on a rock or boiling water on an outdoor fire to cook food for my family. I am happy to not have to write my lesson plans by hand, or via a typewriter, or even mimeograph paper! If you don’t know what that is, be glad. It’s an ancient form of making duplicate copies.
My list could go on for quite a while, but before I stop I ‘d like to say I am thankful for you!
What about taking a few minutes to think of all of the things you are thankful for this year? How about writing them down and reflecting over all the blessings you have in your life? I am sure your list will be equally as long as mine.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
I am thankful for caring, wonderful tutors like you, Lisa. You are a blessing! Happy Thanksgiving.
Thank you so much, Desi. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Great list Lisa. Thanks for the reminders.
May your Thanksgiving bring you joy and fantastic fun-filled memories this year. 🙂
Beautiful post, Lisa. We are all so blessed, aren’t we? Even more so, with you in our lives!
We are indeed! You have blessed me tremendously and I count it a privilege to be a tutor to your sweet daughter.