I have wonderful news… my youngest son is getting married! His fiancée is wonderful and we are looking forward to having her in our family. She will have all the joys of spelling and saying our last name like I have!
Recently I began trying on dresses for the “Big Day”. I don’t know how these pounds grabbed onto me, and if I had to choose a date for the wedding, I would say a year from now so I could get skinnier. Well, I have about a month to lose some winter poundage. Miracles can happen, right? I looked on the internet with my quest to lose weight and found 7 key points to help:
- Did it grow? Fruit, vegetables, and nuts fit that category. However, I would have to say that maltodextrose does not. What is that anyway?? A colorless to yellowish syrupy mixture of dextrose, maltose, and dextrins containing about 20% water, used in confectionery, alcoholic fermentation, tanning, and treating tobacco. Ewww!! 😦
- 1 ingredient– No, I don’t have to eat just one thing, but rather food should be as unprocessed as possible.
- Did it have a mother? Was it alive previously? Fish, beef, chicken all had mothers. However, I do wonder about pigs… 🙂
- One pound= 3500 calories How long will it take to exercise off a donut? Motivation factor!
- Stay hydrated– Often we think we are hungry, but it is actually thirst. Also, water curbs appetites. Calories are being burned walking to the bathroom too!
- Eat every 4 hours– By eating smaller amounts our blood sugar remains steady, resulting in eating less.
- Move! If I don’t have a partner to hold me accountable I am far less likely to exercise. A friend keeps me moving and motivated on days when I’d rather sit and eat some carbolicious snack.
Here is to hoping to see progress soon. I haven’t lost any weight since I started yesterday (lol), but I am thinking thin thoughts… I’ll close with a recipe from Fitness Magazine that I am going to try. Care to join me?
Peach Milkshake (1 serving)
1 cup almond milk
1 cup peaches
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional–may help burn calories)
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
*I like to add chia seeds or flax in addition to the above ingredients. Chia is rich in omega fatty acids and minerals. Flax is rich in protein and fiber.