Last week I had snow activities for a topic to study. This week I thought I would mention baking. Yes, you can count baking as part of your schooling. So many subjects are included in this fun activity. Math (measuring), following directions, reading (directions), Social Studies (origin of the treat), and the character trait patience! Baking can be done with all of your children (except babies?). It does require patience and perhaps some early set-up on your part, but it is a fun family idea to get everyone involved. you can be as simple or elaborate as you want. How about trying the following?
- Chocolate covered pretzels (white, chocolate, add sprinkles, peppermint pieces, etc.)
- 3 Minute Fudge (4.5 stars from thousands of reviews)
- Sugar Cookie cutouts
- Brownies (iced with peppermint sprinkles)
- Buckeyes (Totally worth the time and the kids love rolling the balls)
- Peanut Butter Blossoms (5 stars from thousands of reviews)
- Italian Wedding Cookies (In honor of my mom who used to make these.)
- Caramels (In honor of my aunt) You can make the candy and your child(ren) can roll them up into wax paper.
Can you tell I am feeling nostalgic? Do you have a favorite recipe that you make with your family? Please share.
Have a great week! ~Lisa~