Visually appealing, tile blocks can be used to help students with the following concepts:
- color recognition
- counting out the number of each color (You can decrease the amount of tiles according to the child’s ability.)
- making designs You can make your own or download pentomino worksheets
- measurement (Line tiles up in various lengths and use a ruler or a tape measure to measure how long it is.)
- demonstrate the concept of sets
- demonstrate the concept of area
- develop small motor skills
- follow directions For example: Find a blue tile and stack a yellow tile on top of it. Now add a green tile on top of the yellow tile. Draw a picture of your stack.
- independent work You can keep these tiles in a small tub and bring them out when your older children are doing school.
3 winners have been awarded a set of blocks. Please see the comments section to find out if you won.