Where do you begin to look for good apps among the plethora of apps that are available? I have found a few sights that have apps from preschool all the way to high school. Best Apps for Kids has a review for each app and offers educational apps as well as ones to entertain. Family Education also has a list of educational apps, many that are free. Best Apps for Kids even have a Free App Friday! Speaking of free apps, here are a few to check out:
- Kids ABC Letters Lite Preschoolers will enjoy this jigsaw puzzle approach to letters. The light version only has letters A to H, but you can download the complete version if you like it.
- Play 123 This won a 2013 Editor’s Choice Award from Children’s Technology Review and teaches preschoolers their colors, numbers, and shapes.
- Fun Brain Jr. Looks like so much fun as it teaches number sense, alphabetical order, and pattern sets.
- Stack the States This app teaches and reinforces the location of the United States with a fun colorful game.
- Word Ball The Electric Company from PBS has a game that teaches spelling for children ages 6 to 8.
- Brain POP Movie This extremely popular app has a new educational movie to watch each day. Kids view a short documentary and there is a quiz afterwards and each movie can be archived to watch later. It received a 5 star rating from Common Sense Media.
Enjoy your day and I hope you find an app that will benefit your student’s education. If you have found some apps that you like, please share. 🙂