The Midwest Homeschool Convention is just around the corner! (April 25-27, 2019) Perhaps you are wondering why you should attend a convention. After all, it costs money and takes up time. If you are just wanting to go to look at curricula, it won’t cost you to attend on Thursday evening. This will save you money, which of course, is a great thing! But, unless you have a list of items you know you want to purchase you may want to attend the convention for the weekend. I have found the convention to meet many needs (and wants).
- You can actually look at the curricula. There can be such a buzz about a certain curriculum, but you just don’t know if you should purchase it or if it would work for your student(s). I have been all ready to place an order and then gone to the convention only to find out that once I have seen it that it wouldn’t work with my sons. I have also found some cool books and curricula that wasn’t even on my radar!
- You can save money. Instead of paying shipping and handling you can purchase your books and take them home with you! Some vendors have convention deals, saving you even more money. 🙂
- You can hear great speakers. It’s nice to listen to well-recognized authors and get their perspective, thoughts, and philosophy of homeschooling. It might be the same as yours, but it also might challenge you to change your thinking.
- You are encouraged and empowered. When you attend a convention you realize that there are many others who are homeschooling as well. You and your children are not the only ones! There are lots of workshops to attend on a wide variety of topics.
- You can talk directly to the authors or salespeople. It’s great to be able to talk to those who are familiar with their products and can help you determine whether that particular curriculum program or extras ( for example- a science kit) will be a good fit.
- It’s a time for y-o-u! I have attended the convention with my husband at other times have just gone with my girlfriends. Both have been a lot of fun and have given me a boost to finish the year strong and to look forward to the next year.
You can register now! Here is the link to do so-> Great Homeschool Conventions
Have a great week! ~Lisa~